I know, I know, it’s only September, hold the pumpkin for another month, but I. CAN’T! I used to be a Starbucks junky and the minute they released the pumpkin spiced latte I was the first in line. But, I quickly realized the ingredients in their pumpkin spiced latte was not so good for the body. Even with the changes they made last year, it still contains ingredients I’d rather avoid. And the best way to avoid harsh chemical ingredients is to make your own homemade replacement! Enter in the Paleo pumpkin coffee creamer.
I’ve made several coffee creamer variations using my all-time favorite Paleo hack ingredient, canned coconut milk. I eagerly await September 1st so I can whip up a batch of this pumpkin creamer. I normally start my mornings with, what I call, “fatty coffee”. Which, is actually just another name for the famed bullet proof coffee. I simply replace the plain coconut milk I would normally use in my coffee with this pumpkin variation. However you add it to your coffee, it won’t disappoint. One additional note: I always keep one can of coconut milk in the refrigerator so that I can use the hard cream that forms. You’ll want to have a can in the refrigerator for this recipe.
- 1 whole can organic coconut milk
- 1 can organic coconut milk (cream only)
- 6 tbsp. organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 6 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and heat over medium-low heat, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into a mason jar and let cool.
- Once cooled, store in the refrigerator.
- Use with your favorite coffee as you would any other creamer.