This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links below Wanderlust and Wellness may receive compensation.
Another delectable appetizer for your NYE party, this coconut shrimp with spicy honey mustard sauce is both gluten-free and Paleo friendly! The breading is PERFECT, with the right amount of crunch and the right amount of coconut. Then add in the spicy honey mustard sauce and you’ve got yourself one killer combination. Can you tell I really loved this one! So good!
For these coconut shrimp with spicy honey mustard sauce you’re going to use tapioca flour and gluten-free breadcrumbs to make a tasty gluten-free and Paleo friendly appetizer. As I always say, going gluten-free does not mean you have to sacrifice flavor or even some of your favorite foods. This coconut shrimp recipe is another healthier alternative to a crowd favorite!
The spicy honey mustard sauce is also homemade, with just three simple ingredients; raw honey, dijon mustard and red pepper flakes. It adds some kick to the sweetness of the honey.
What would a NYE party be without some fun games and fab decor? We searched Target high and low and put together this fabulous Hostess with the Mostest NYE party guide! Check out the items below and grab them before the ball starts to drop!
- White Star Garland // $12.99
- That’s What She Said // $25.00
- 4-pc. Stemless Champagne Glass // $9.99
- 11 in. Deer Melamine Dinner Plate // $2.99
- Merry & Bright Drink Dispenser // $29.99
- Refinery Beer Caddy // $12.99
- Hammered Copper Wine Chiller // $19.99
- Gold Antler Tray // $19.99
- 5-pc. Rose Gold Silverware Set // $19.99
- Houdini Deluxe 3-pc. Cooper Wine Accessories // $29.99
- Hammered Copper 3-pc. Bar Tools Set // $16.99
- SPARQ Home Cedar Condiment Trio with Soapstone Bowls // $45.95
- Wood and Copper Star Tray // $34.99
- Sharper Image Soapstone Whiskey Stones // $9.99
- Bormioli Rocco Selecta 7-pc. Whiskey Set // $19.99
- Hammered Copper 4-pc. Coaster Set // $9.99
- Cards Against Humanity // $25.00
- Holiday Shot Glass Set // $6.99
- 24 Gold Luminaria Bags // $14.99
- Cheers Marquee Light // $39.99
- SPARQ Home Acacia Chip & Dip Platter with Soapstone Ramekin // $89.95
- Geode Votive Candle Holder // $14.99
Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe:
- 12 oz. precooked large shrimp (about 30-40 shrimp, thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Honey Mustard Sauce:
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- In 3 separate small bowls, add the flour to one bowl, the eggs to the 2nd bowl, and the coconut and bread crumbs to the 3rd bowl.
- Using a fork, whisk the eggs until blended. Using your hands, blend the coconut and bread crumbs as well.
- In a large frying pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Depending on your pan size you may have to add more oil. You want enough oil to cover the entire pan and be about ⅛-1/4 of an inch deep.
- Once the oil is melted and heated up, begin dipping your shrimp.
- First dip the shrimp into the flour, coating well. Then dip into the egg, then finally thoroughly coat in the coconut and bread crumbs. Place shrimp into heated coconut oil.
- Continue the process until your pan is full, but do not crowd the shrimp.
- Fry the shrimp for about 2 minutes, then flip and continue flipping back and forth until you have a nice golden brown breading.
- Once finished, remove the shrimp and place onto a paper towel lined plate while you finish the remaining shrimp.
- Continue the process until all shrimp are cooked.
- Combine sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and heat on medium low until warm. Serve on the side with the shrimp.
Pin for later: