Buffalo wings are like oxygen at our house. We CAN’T. LIVE. WITHOUT. them! One would think I intravenously pumped buffalo sauce into my kids when they were infants, but really, I didn’t. Chicken wings are so versatile, so many different flavor combinations you can make and rarely can you go wrong! In my early days of dating my husband he took me to a local bar for wings, it was love at first site. Instead of the phrase “you had me at hello”, it should read “you had me at let’s go for some wings”.
I’ve moved away from deep frying our wings and now only bake them. It’s obviously healthier that way, plus you don’t have to deal with the messy vat of oil afterwards. The key with these wings is to bake them, then dip them in the sauce, then put them under the broiler for about a minute. This cooks the sauce on just enough into somewhat of a ‘charred’ state and then you won’t have slimy wings to wrangle with.
I first season the raw wings with Himalyan salt and Simply Organic‘s Pepper & More seasoning. Then, bake the wings for 35-40 minutes or until the wings are fully cooked and remove from the oven. While the wings are cooking I make the buffalo ranch sauce. This sauce is a mixture of buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. I was introduced to this sauce by my husband and I pretty much won’t eat any wing sauce BUT this sauce! I use my dairy-free Paleo ranch dressing recipe and mix it in with grass-fed butter and buffalo sauce. Once the wings are done I dip the wings into the sauce and place back onto the baking sheet. Then I place them into the oven under the broiler for about 1 minute, not very long because you don’t want them to burn. This process allows the sauce to cook onto the wing but still leaves enough sauce to enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wings onto broiler sheet and coat with salt and pepper mixture. (If you don't have a broiler pan you can line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack onto the sheet).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the wings are fully cooked.
- While the wings are cooking, combine the buffalo sauce, Paleo ranch, and butter into a sauce pan and heat on medium-low, stirring occasionally.
- Once the wings are done cooking, remove from oven and dip each wing individually into the sauce, then place the wings back onto the broiler sheet.
- Turn the oven to broiler and place the wings under the broiler for about 1 minute, watching closely. You want the sauce to cook onto the wing but not burn.
- Serve with ranch, veggies, or any other dressing you'd like!